01 September 2008

new arrivals

In other news, there are 2 additions to my living situation:
Dany, a British med student who started the SKIP program, who is doing a one month internship at the hospital here,
And,
A puppy!!! While I was in Tana playing with strays at the vet clinic with Theresa and wishing I could take one home, the kids that live here found a tiny puppy without a mom. His name is Milo and he fits in the palm of my hand. Malagasy dogs eat rice, or often whatever’s left from the table, but he’s really little. I guess that he is in fact eating rice when it’s given to him, but he’s just now learning how to drink – he had been nursing before, so drinking out of a dish is something new. We’ve given him milk and plain yoghurt to take care of his dairy needs. He likes to hang out by the charcoal burners to warm himself (no danger of getting burned though). I’ve heard him crying at night, but not too bad. I hope he makes it… I’m planning on giving him some extra attention this weekend since I will actually be here, and have Monday off.



Also, I may have fleas. Well, I doubt it. But I have a few itchy spots on my leg that are like little tiny bug bites, but don’t see any bugs. No mosquitoes yet, so it’s not that.

adendum:
after writing this, i have decided that i do not have fleas - just a couple bug bites.

No comments: